Aveek Basu lives with his wife, their 4-year-old son, and his parents in a rented flat near Garia. He has been considering buying a flat nearby and was looking at various upcoming apartment complexes. His priority is to live in a gated community because of the added safety it offers. Searching through the internet, he was at his wit’s end to find a property within his modest budget. Suddenly, a friend who works with a renowned property advisor in Kolkata, told him to look at Southern Bypass.
Southern Bypass is the New Preferred Location for Affordable Homes
Southern Bypass is located at the confluence of Metro, the extended EM Bypass, and the suburban rail network and easily accessible from all parts of the city.
Currently, Southern Bypass is easily accessible by car and Shahid Khudiram Metro station by auto-rickshaw. Now with the widened road, commuting is a breeze.
But in the coming years, the area’s connectivity with the rest of the city will enhance further with these proposed plans which are underway and are slated to materialize soon.
- Metro line from Airport to Garia.
- Repair and upgrade of EM Bypass which is now completed.
- Better public transport as most real estate projects are completed and population increases.
Southern Bypass Offers All Necessary Urban Facilities
Southern Bypass and the nearby area have easy access to markets, hospitals, shopping malls, restaurants, multiplexes, and educational institutes. In fact, this area has the benefit of close proximity to the EM Bypass and Garia area with every kind of necessities is within easy reach.
Livability quotient is quite high in this area and is expected to go up further as it is a focus area of infrastructure development. Baruipur is declared as the district headquarters of 24 Parganas (South) and quite a few government offices will shift and develop here. Steady appreciation of flat prices is already noticed and will further accelerate as a number of projects are completed.
Currently, the area is at a nascent stage of development as most real estate projects will take some time to complete. Once they are completed and the population increases, more urban amenities like markets, shops, bank branches/ATMs, and restaurants will get started to cater to the additional demand.
Southern Bypass is Close to the Healthcare Hub of Kolkata
The zone stretching from Ruby Hospital to Kamalgazi flyover is the healthcare hub of Kolkata with major hospitals like Ruby, Desun, Fortis, Medica, RN Tagore, AMRI, and Shankar Nethralaya located within a stretch of only four km along the EM Bypass.
It is quite convenient to fast approach any of these hospitals by driving along the extended EM Bypass even in emergency cases. Big relief for a family like Aveek’s as there are senior members who need speedy access to healthcare facilities close-by.
Why You Should Buy a Flat Especially in Southern Bypass
- Southern Bypass is situated in a relatively pollution-free environment with less hustle and bustle of Kolkata’s city life yet all comforts of modern living are available in many upcoming residential complexes here.
- Conveniently connected to all areas of Kolkata. Connectivity will further increase once infrastructure projects like the new Metro line are completed.
- A good number of hospitals and healthcare facilities are close at hand.
- On-going infrastructure development projects like Airport Garia Metro and betterment of EM Bypass. When completed, they will dramatically augment the ease of commuting.
- The expectation of a superior return of investment. Per sq. ft. rates have gradually appreciated in the last few years and are likely to go up further.
Southern Bypass has now come up as the next big thing in Kolkata’s real estate landscape. Affordable as well as premium homes and a continuously growing infrastructure are promising the ‘next-level’ living, spurring the demand within customers aspiring lifestyle accommodation at an affordable price tag.
In fact, Southern Bypass is one of the few areas in Kolkata where you can invest in relatively affordable residential complexes with a promise of a great return on investment.
[…] A cursory glance at the above data clearly signifies that the most preferred pockets by majority of home-buyers are Joka & Thakurpukur and Southern Bypass. […]